Napo is quite unlike any other Amazonian lodge. First and foremost it is a wildlife center so, whilst its private bungalows are very comfortable – even stylish in their simple elegance – it is the wildlife of the Amazon rainforest that is the real attraction here.
Make Napo part of your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Ecuador and you’ll have more species of mammals, birds, reptiles and amphibians on your doorstep than can be found in the entire United States of America. There are over 550 known types of birds alone in this neck of the woods – and so many different plants that many remain unclassified and undiscovered.
And you can meet them by gliding along in a traditional canoe, or walking across the forest floor with an experienced guide.
Napo Wildlife Center, at a glance
- Eco-hotel and wildlife center in 53,500 acres of prime Amazonian rainforest
- Within the Yasuni National Park
- Just 16 private bungalows with glorious lake and forest views
- Tented double beds
- Handicraft furnishings and rustic furniture
- Private bathrooms with on-demand hot water
- Large dining hall serving local specialties
- Bar with 50 foot viewing tower
For leisure and pleasure
- Two towering lookout points for wildlife views and photogenic views
- Library and briefing room
- Jungle excursions to observe 550 species of birds and 11 types of monkeys
- Almost innumerable species of reptiles, amphibians, flora and fauna
- Tapir, peccaries, cayman, anaconda, giant otters…