Tucked away in the pristine rainforest of the Ecuadorian Amazon, and accessible only by boat, this wonderfully remote lodge offers its guests a true jungle experience.
Resting beside the mighty Napo River, Sacha Lodge boasts 26 cabins with tall thatched ceilings and spacious bathrooms. Each has its own shaded terrace, offering a private spot from which to kick back, listen to the sounds of the forest and observe passing wildlife. For a scenic view over Lake Pilchicocha, head to the raised lookout deck of the main lounge where you can also watch for vibrantly coloured birds.
During your stay, expert naturalists and Quichua guides will lead deep explorations of this fascinating wilderness, from canoe rides and jungle walks to insightful cultural visits to native communities. You will get to experience the reserve’s astounding biodiversity, which includes 600 different bird species, and learn about its unique ecosystems. Guests can also enjoy the lodge’s incredible canopy walkway – 275 meters long and 36 meters off the ground, it affords an unrivalled view into the rainforest.
Sacha Lodge, at a glance
- All-inclusive jungle lodge situated in a 5,000-acre ecological reserve in the Ecuadorian Amazon
- 26 fully equipped cabins with private terraces, hammocks, bug-proofed windows, bathrooms with hot water showers and modern amenities
- Constructed from traditional rainforest materials, each stands in harmony with the surrounding environment
- Scenic views over the rainforest and Pilchicocha Lake
- Comfortable main lounge and bar with a raised lookout deck
- One expert naturalist and Quichua guide for every six guests
- Reached by a two-hour motorised canoe ride from Coca, from there you will take another canoe ride across Pilchicocha Lake to reach the lodge
For leisure and pleasure
- Incredible birdwatching with over 600 species recorded at the lodge
- Morning and afternoon/evening guided rainforest excursions
- Canoe trips through the flooded forest
- Get a 360° view over the rainforest canopy from the Tree Tower, a great place to spot a variety of birds including toucans and parrots
- Learn about the Kichwa lifestyle, and try local cuisine, at the Nueva Providencia Interpretation Center
- Visit one of the largest butterfly farms in the country
- Observe a spectacular array of parrots at nearby Yasuni National Park