It’s a long climb to the world’s highest navigable lake – so make sure you’re staying at one of its foremost hotels, on the water’s edge.
The rewards for journeying up to 3,800 metres above sea level are impressive. When you arrive at Lake Titicaca you will be struck by its formidable beauty – its waters stretching away towards the horizon, leading to majestic lakeside mountains. But the natural wonders aren’t the only attractions. The local people are equally picturesque in their traditional knitted costumes and characteristic hats, plying their large canoe-like boats made from the reeds surrounding the lake.
Make the Casa Andina Premium Puno part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Peru and you’ll be ideally placed to observe life on the lake, visit archaeological sites and local villages, and explore the thriving city of Puno.
Casa Andina Premium Puno, at a glance
- On the banks of Lake Titicaca, opposite the city of Puno
- Choice of superior guest rooms all with private balconies and most with startlingly beautiful views of Lake Titicaca
- Options of rooms with king-size beds or two to three full-size beds
- Glamorous en suite bathrooms with stone tiles and large bathtubs
- Restaurant Alma serving excellent dinners and an enticing breakfast buffet
For leisure and pleasure
- Superb night views across the lake with the glittering lights of Puno reflected in the water
- Area specialises in knitting and textiles and was home to the original Aymara civilisation
- Easy access to the Uros Floating Islands, the Isle of Taquile and the archaeological site at Sillustani Towers