Stay at the heart of a wildlife refuge. Experience life on a small estancia where you will be welcomed as a member of the family.
Estancia Guardia del Monte is 2,500 acre working ranch that’s packed full of big surprises. Firstly, it is a historic building dating back to 1800, with its own period charm. Yet there are only three guestrooms, so you quickly become a member of the family, and gain a feeling of what ranch life is like.
Then you step outdoors and realise that the vast ombu tree, that has taken on the shape of a fantastical sculpture, is not alone. There is a deeply fascinating forest of them within easy reach. Beyond lies a wetland refuge that has been designated a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO – and this is just the start of an unforgettable experience.
Estancia Guardia del Monte, at a glance
- Historic 17th century ranch house in a unique UNESCO Biosphere Reserve
- 2,500 acres of working ranch land
- Three large, elegant rooms gathered around a charming courtyard
- En suites and traditional décor
- Open kitchen and lovely family dining room serving freshly prepared asados
- Cosy fireplaces and a warm welcome
For leisure and pleasure
- Become involved in the working life of the ranch
- Walking and photographic expeditions to the fantastic ombu forest
- Guided nature tours including wildflower discovery
- Carriage rides
- Outstanding bird watching
- Visits to Laguna de Castillos, wetland areas, marshlands and forest
- Boating and fishing
- Town hall and museum visits