The style and luxury of this beautiful hotel is evident in the 46 guestrooms and suites and their colonial décor. The serene pool is perfect for relaxation after exploring nearby Yangon.
Imagine settling back into a teak armchair, being served a gin-and-something sun-downer on the fan-cooled veranda of a 1920’s colonial-style mansion. The ice clinks in your glass, the heat drops out of the day and shadows start to lengthen across the lotus pools and manicured gardens beneath you.
A gentle breeze bears the early evening fragrance of exotic flowers. Behind you, lanterns are being lit ready for dinner, which will be served al fresco, in the soft night air. If you want the authentic experience of life in a bygone Burma, come and stay with the Governor.
Belmond The Governor’s Residence, at a glance
- 1920s, colonial-style mansion in the desirable Yangon Embassy Quarter
- Close to the spectacular Shwedagon Pagoda and the Reclining Buddha
- Minutes from Yangon city centre
- Choice of 46 guestrooms and suites, with courtyard or garden views
- Traditional décor and teak furnishings
- Two restaurants and Kipling Bar, plus room service
For leisure and pleasure
- Perfect base for exploring downtown Yangon
- Spa offering traditional Myanmar treatments
- Fan-shaped swimming pool
- Regional speciality cooking demonstrations