The name suggests the perfect, beach-side hideaway for romantics, honeymooners and sun worshippers. The name is not wrong.
Actually ‘Sandoway’ has its origins in the original name of Thandwe (imagine it being spoken by a British officer with a lisp). The coincidence is a happy one; Ngapali Beach is a mile and a half of immaculate white sand, backed by rows of coconut palms and fronted by the inviting waters of the Bay of Bengal.
At Sandoway Resort, you’ll find a delicious collection of villas and cottages in the local style, scattered through tropical gardens and arranged so you can make the most of the glorious possibilities provided by the beach, the sea, the pool and the sun.
Sandoway Resort, at a glance
- Accessible from Thandwe airport
- 55 spacious, SE Asian-style villas and cottages
- Ocean or garden views
- Superb restaurant specialising in local seafood and international menu, served beneath palm trees, overlooking the Bay of Bengal
For leisure and pleasure
- Swimming pool and spa
- Boat and fishing trips
- Library and movie theater
- Choice of cultural and traditional coach tours to surrounding areas