In essence you’re camping on a deserted island. But you’re unlikely to have ever experienced such tented luxury before. Or explored such a castaway paradise.
You rub your eyes and walk out onto your canopied terrace, the early morning sun gently warming your face. And there, before your sleepy eyes, is a wild rusa deer quietly grazing at the edge of the surrounding jungle. You look up and a macaque is peering down at you from the lofty branches of a nearby tree. You pause. Should you tiptoe back inside for your camera and risk disturbing the moment, or simply capture the scene in your own memory?
Don’t worry; if you include a stay at Amanwana on Moyo Island during your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Indonesia there will be many such unmissable moments. The island is a symphony of jungle rich in wildlife and some of the most deserted white beaches in Indonesia.
Amanwana Resort, at a glance
- Jaw-dropping jungle resort - the only one on a totally unspoiled island
- Ringed by beautiful beaches and warm waters
- Choice of ultra-luxurious tented suites with views of the ocean or jungle
- Ocean tents are set back from the beach, with sweeping sea vistas, private terraces, wooden floors and canopied king-size beds
- Jungle tents are hidden away amidst the shading trees of the tropical forest and include tented beds, air conditioning and lounges with corner sofas
- Large en suite bathrooms
- Hardwood decks with coral stone surrounds
- Indonesian island artwork and ultra-stylish décor
- Restaurant overlooking the Flores Sea serving simple, deicious cuisine including fresh fish bought direct from local fishing boats
For leisure and pleasure
- Jungle Cove Spa set on the seafront offering massage, facials and body treatments in a dedicated spa tent
- Diving and snorkeling over technicolour reefs, deep sea walls and coral cays
- Superb and varied marine life including rays, sea turtles, dolphin and whales
- Hiking trails and safaris to see rusa deer, macaque monkeys and wild boar
- Walks to discover the island’s indigenous flora and fauna
- Romantic cruises and boat excursions to secluded coves