Airy, classically elegant in the French colonial style and set in a garden estate. A serene atmosphere, high ceilings, white marble – at Amantaka even the location is cool.
Why would you not specify Amantaka as one of the destinations – probably the high point – of your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Laos? The hotel itself is the last word in quiet, understated visual elegance. Including white walls and floors, high domed doorways and windows, streaming sunlight and cooling breezes.
The suites and villa typically feature tented beds and direct access to the tranquil courtyard. The grandest of them even have their own private pools. And then, of course, is the Amantaka’s location.
It stands at the heart of the UNESCO-protected area of Luang Prabang, close to the mighty Mekong, within easy walking distance of the town’s attractions. You’ll experience the fabled night market, the Royal Palace, over 30 temples and streets lined with classic French and traditional Lao buildings.
Amantaka, at a glance
- Breathlessly elegant resort in the center of a revered UNESCO area
- Choice of 24 suites plus private villa with three/four bedrooms and a private pool
- Suites offer facilities ranging from their own pools to spacious lounges
- All have sumptuous en suite bathrooms and outdoor areas shaded by mango trees
- Colonial-style dining room serving an excellent fusion of French and Lao-style cuisine
For leisure and pleasure
- Large swimming pool at the center of the resort, with good sun deck
- Aman Spa offers a personalised service and menu of treatments
- Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna
- Hot and cold plunge pools
- Holistic massage
- Fitness facility overlooking the pool
- Tranquil library with WiFi
- Boutique and art gallery offering the work of local artists and craftsmen
- Great base for exploring the streets, night market and banks of the Mekong
- Close to the Royal Palace and within easy reach of over 30 golden-spired temples