The residence of Prince Souphanouvong in days gone by, this beautifully restored boutique hotel oozes elegance and old world charm.
Dating all the way back to the turn of the 20th century, a stay at Satri House in the ancient city of Luang Prabang will transport you to a bygone era. The design of the property is one of traditional Lao architecture with touches of colonial flair, creating a tranquil haven in beautiful surroundings where you can truly relax. Centrally located, it also provides the perfect base from which to explore this remarkable, UNESCO-listed city and its exquisitely preserved houses and temples.
All of the rooms and suites feature wonderfully crafted wooden furniture, artefacts from Indochina, large bathrooms and oversized balconies where you can watch local life pass by. The restaurant, decorated in the traditional colonial style, offers delightful open-air dining with mouth-watering meals inspired by both Laotian and French flavor. You’ll also find yourself just a short stroll from the bustling riverside and night market, where you can sample delectable street food offerings and browse the stalls for souvenirs.
Satri House, at a glance
- Charming boutique hotel located at the heart of Luang Prabang
- Former royal residence, now a protected heritage house
- accommodations consists of 28 rooms and 3 suites, all air-conditioned with large balconies and spacious bathrooms with rain showers and separate toilets
- In-room amenities include Wi-Fi, ceiling fans and flat screen TVs
- Restaurant serving a combination of Laotian and French cuisine with indoor and outdoor dining
For leisure and pleasure
- Two outdoor swimming pools with sun loungers
- Indulge in a relaxing treatment at the serene spa, boasting a herbal steam room and Jacuzzi
- Catch up on some reading in the cozy library
- Enjoy a refreshing drink in the garden bar
- Just a short stroll from the city’s vibrant night market
- Explore nearby temples