How ‘castaway’ do you want to feel? At Pangkor Laut Resort you could stay in a luxurious villa, high up on a hill, surveying the beach below and the Straits of Malacca from your vantage point.
You could hide yourself away in a villa surrounded by the quiet greens and leafy shade of the dense tropical jungle. Or you could be right there on the beach, staying in a villa that has its feet in the water, being lulled to sleep by the soft ebb and flow of the waves each evening.
Pangkor Laut Resort stands on a private island in the Malacca Straits, three miles off the coast. So it’s the perfect destination for castaways on a luxury, tailor-made holiday to Malaysia.
Pangkor Laut, at a glance
- Ultimate five star resort nestling quietly in the jungle on a private island
- Just three miles off the West Coast of Malaysia
- Choice of exquisite villas set high amongst the hills for cooling breezes and breath-taking views; or deep in the jungle surrounded by fragrant tropical plants; or resting on stilts in the welcoming waters of the Andaman Sea
- All have generous open verandas or balconies with sun loungers
- Glamorous en suite bathrooms with oversized tubs
- Fine food ‘flavoured by the history of the land’ and served either al fresco or in a charming dining room
For leisure and pleasure
- Multi-level, infinity edge pool overlooking the sea
- Spa village offers individually-designed encounters with the authentic therapies and healing practices of the region, plus treatments from Japan, China, India, Bali and Malaysia
- Excursions to discover the colourful little towns and local fishing villages of the main island
- Trips to the restored Dutch Fort and Fu Lin Kung Taoist Temple
- Sunset cruises aboard a traditional Oriental junk
- Sailing in a private sports yacht to Squid Bay and cruising along the Straits of Malacca
- Chef’s kitchen experience and cookery classes
- Chapman’s Challenge jungle trek