Tempting as it is to snuggle deeper into the downy bedding, one of the world’s most enticing cities is calling for you to rise early and start your exploration.
The sooner you’re up and about, the sooner you can immerse yourself in exciting Kuala Lumpur. Have a good breakfast in the Shangri-la’s impressive Lounge Lobby – you need to be fully charged for the day ahead – then set forth. You can spend the entire morning wandering around the ancient and tranquil Gombak and Klang waterways, or losing yourself in a labyrinthine garden maze, before diving into the fashion houses, shops and malls of the city’s fabled Golden Triangle.
Then it’s time for lunch. The Shangri-la has an enviable reputation for its Lemon Garden Café buffets, as well as the fine dining experience provided the hotel’s traditional Chinese Shang Palace. The food alone gives the Shangri-la a rightful place on the itinerary of your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Malaysia.
Shangri-la Hotel, at a glance
- A quiet, luxurious haven in the middle of a vibrant metropolis
- 43 km from the airport
- Choice of over 662 luxurious guestrooms and custom-designed suites
- Huge picture windows giving amazing views of the city
- Stylish contemporary décor
- Designer en suite bathrooms
- Many suites have separate sitting rooms, dining areas and studies
- Choice of fine Cantonese, international, grill and sashimi restaurants
For leisure and pleasure
- Swimming pool with terrace and poolside bar
- Children’s pool
- Spa with wide range of restorative and rejuvenating treatments
- Health club with gym
- Sauna and steam rooms
- Jacuzzi and hydro pool
- Easy access to the city’s shopping malls, markets, sights, galleries and museums
- Great base for exploring KL’s restaurants, bars, clubs and nightlife