As part of Malacca’s colourful history for around 90 years, you’ll find The Majestic echoes the heritage of the port, as enjoyed by visitors past and present.
As you sweep round the central garden to arrive at The Majestic’s imposing entrance you realize the name is actually rather fitting. You’re not confronted by some megalithic modern hotel, but the façade is majestic in its own right – stately even – and retaining the style of its original 1920s mansion architecture. Majesty on a human scale, perhaps.
Make the Majestic part of your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Malaysia and you’ll find it has all the modern amenities, combined with authentic traditional features. Original porcelain flooring, teakwood fittings, intricate artwork and antique furnishings all reflect the influence of previous visitors; the Arab, Tamil and Chinese merchant traders, and the Portuguese, Dutch and British former rulers. Even the hotel’s riverside setting enhances the impression.
The Majestic, at a glance
- Original 1920s mansion hotel with a picturesque riverside setting
- Choice of 54 spacious rooms and suites
- Deluxe rooms typically have four poster beds, en suites screened by sliding doors, warm timber floors, floor-to-ceiling windows giving meditative river views
- The two signature suites are huge and stand on the top floor, giving commanding views over the Malacca River, the town and a quaint Malay village
- The Mansion Dining Room serves Nyonya specialities, as well as Dutch, Portuguese and English dishes
For leisure and pleasure
- Beautiful outdoor swimming pool
- Spa Village Malacca - the world’s only spa offering treatments based on Baba-Nyonya or Peranakan healing wisdom
- Great base for exploring the tiny streets and history of Malacca
- Temples, traditional villages and museums nearby
- Historical walks and trishaw rides
- River cruises
- Peranakan cookery classes