The Sanctuary Ananda is specially designed and built to take you effortlessly and in great luxury along the rivers of Myanmar; to discover temples, palaces, and forgotten villages cloaked in untouched jungle.
The Sanctuary Ananda will take you on a voyage through the majestic rivers, secret backwaters and mighty tributaries of the waterways of Myanmar, reaching almost as far as the Indian border. And along the way you will be treated to a continuous procession of stunning scenery; absorbing pastoral landscapes that appear to have changed little with the passing of centuries…and some truly glorious sights. Like the temples and pagodas, that appear on the banks of the mighty Ayeyarwady as it flows inexorably between Bhamo and Yangon. You’ll also see great palaces – monuments to the egos of long-vanquished rulers – and huge monasteries.
Aboard the Sanctuary Ananda you’ll have a different experience every day, as the mysteries of Myanmar unveil themselves. The jungle will give way to remote villages that seem to have been forgotten by the outside world, or ancient towns with fascinating histories stretching back through centuries.
And in the evening you can indulge another of your senses: the Talifoo Restaurant presents you with fine dining, and fine wines, in an elegant atmosphere, whilst Mindoon Al Fresco dining on the Mandalay deck ensures you can eat in style, whilst watching the passing parade.
Sanctuary Ananda, at a glance
- 21 spacious suites arranged over three decks
- All with air conditioning, opulent furnishings, local fabrics and lacquerware
- Sun deck with outdoor pool
- Kansi Panoramic viewing lounge
- Superb indoor and alfresco restaurants
- Exquisite Spa and gym
Where will the Sanctuary Ananda take you?
- Two, three or four nights Bagan to Mandalay
- Seven nights Mandalay to Bagan to Mandalay (or reversed)
- Four nights Monywa - Mandalay - Bagan
- Ten nights Chindwin Mandalay to Homalin to Bagan (or reversed)
- Eleven nights Mandalay to Bhamo to Bagan (or reversed)
- Eleven nights Mandalay to Yangon (or reversed)