The Aqua Blu will whisk you away in style and comfort to some of Indonesia’s most exotic islands, from the snorkelling paradise of Raja Ampat to the dramatic Komodo National Park.
Refurbished in 2019 to meet the highest of cruising specifications, this modern expedition yacht operates in the waters of eastern Indonesia with ease. The former British Naval Explorer HMS Beagle, Aqua Blu’s fascinating naval heritage is complemented today by sophisticated ivory-and-brass interiors, generous social spaces and plentiful facilities including water sports equipment, a Jacuzzi, spa, barbeque and sun deck.
Permanently based in eastern Indonesia, the Aqua Blu offers year-round departures (at different times of the year) to the wild and beautiful islands of Raja Ampat, Komodo National Park, Ambon and the Spice Islands. Accompanied on your ventures by a professional crew and English-speaking guides, you’ll spend your days exploring world-class dive sites, meeting rare wildlife, soaking in incredible scenery and learning about Indonesia’s rich cultural heritage.
Aqua Blu, at a glance
• Luxury four-deck expedition yacht sailing the eastern waters of the Indonesian archipelago
• The first long-range explorer yacht with year-round departures to be permanently based in East Indonesia
• Originally built in 1968, converted in 2006 and refurbished in 2019
• 30 passengers accommodated in 15 individually designed, sea-facing suites
• Contemporary maritime style with en suite bathrooms, walk-in showers and large windows
• 25-member crew including a cruise director, dive instructor and English-speaking guides
• Indoor and outdoor dining areas where delicious seafood dishes are served
• Outdoor Jacuzzi with day beds, library, exercise zone and spa
• Discover picture-perfect beaches, mangrove forests, hidden jungle caves and giant sea caverns
• Get up-close with wild Komodo Dragons
• Enjoy exclusive landing sites and trekking routes
• Snorkel and dive in marine protected areas
• Enjoy swimming, kayaking and paddle boarding
Where will the Aqua Blue take you?
• Raja Ampat (7-night round-trip; December to February)
• Bali-Komodo National Park (7-night bi-directional trip; April to September)
• Ambon & Spice Islands (7-night round-trip; October to November)