A proud member of National Geographic’s Unique Lodges of the World, Sukau Rainforest Lodge invites you to discover the wonders of one of Asia’s most important waterways.
Enclosed by tropical rainforest on the banks of the famous Kinabatangan River, Sukau Rainforest Lodge provides a gateway into this pristine and enchanting wilderness. A wilderness home to pygmy elephants, wild orangutans, proboscis monkeys and many other unique species. Accommodations is bright and comfortable, spread across 20 newly built villas and 20 guestrooms all fitted with ensuite bathrooms and ceiling fans. The facilities – which includes a plunge pool, open-air dining and stylish lounge area – are impressive for such a remote lodge.
Everything at Sukau is connected by raised boardwalks, giving you a great vantage point from which to spot wildlife and birds. But you’ll find far more immersive ways of experiencing the jungle, from guided nature walks to tranquil river cruises. Drifting along in a small, electric motor boat, you can expect fantastic encounters with a variety of wildlife drawn to the water’s edge. But don’t miss out on a night time cruise for a chance to spot more elusive, nocturnal creatures like civets and flying squirrels.
Sukau Rainforest Lodge, at a glance
- Award-winning eco-lodge perched on the banks of Borneo’s Kinabatangan River
- accommodations consists of 40 villas and guestrooms, all ensuite
- In-room amenities include ironing boards, study desks, solar-heated showers, ceiling fans and tea & coffee facilities
- Villas enjoy the addition of private balconies
- Melapi Restaurant, panoramic river views, serving a fusion of Asian and Western cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Lounge serving tea, wines and cocktails
- Committed to green and sustainable practises, from energy saving light bulbs to solar heaters
- Member of the prestigious National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World
For leisure and pleasure
- Watch wildlife from the resort’s boardwalks and viewing platforms
- Guided nature walks
- Early morning and afternoon river cruises in motor boats
- See the jungle after dark on a night time river cruise
- Great birdwatching
- Catch some sun on the open sun deck
- Cool off in the refreshing plunge pool, keeping an eye out for passing wildlife
- Explore the trails surrounding the lodge
- Small library, pool table and board games