Those with a taste for luxury living, outdoor adventure and wildlife will find all three combined at Miavana, a stunning property situated on the remote island of Nosy Ankao.
Scattered along the spotless sands, each villa boasts direct beach access in addition to a private pool, lounge and well-equipped kitchenette. The light interiors, featuring hand-dyed textiles and locally cut stones, are inspired by the colors of the surrounding landscape, whilst floor to ceiling windows open onto the sparkling Indian Ocean. After the adventures of the day, you can recharge with an in-villa spa treatment, or kick back for an unforgettable sunset.
Miavana offers an impressive range of activities that allow guests to really experience the wonders of this enchanting destination. The Madagascan-inspired ‘Blue Safaris’ feature a mix of land and water-based activities, which include kite surfing, fly fishing, whale watching and even helicopter tours. Snorkeling and scuba diving, which can be enjoyed just steps from your villa, is superb and reveals the island’s rich marine life, whilst lemur treks through the forest could reward you with a sighting of the country’s iconic creatures.
Miavana, at a glance
- Uber-luxury eco-resort on Nosy Ankao off the coast of north-east Madagascar
- Beautifully set amongst white sandy beaches, untouched bays, turquoise lagoons and pristine coral reefs
- 14 luxurious, private villas in 1, 2 and 3 bedroom configurations
- Each has plenty of living space with a minimum of 450 square meters
- Thoughtfully designed interiors with colors inspired by the island
- Private pools and butler service
- The main building features a stunning infinity pool as well as an outdoor dining area and rooftop bar
- Reached by helicopter from Nosy Be or Diego Saurez
For leisure and pleasure
- Explore the island using the complimentary bicycles and buggy
- Browse the resort’s cabinet of curiosities where you’ll find a fascinating collection of items found on the island including dinosaur bones and sunken treasure
- Observe turtle nesting and hatchings
- World-class fishing, from fly fishing to deep sea fishing
- Dolphin and whale watching
- Lemur trekking
- Day and night forest walks
- Wide range of water sports including exceptional snorkeling and scuba diving
- See the huge tern nesting site at nearby Manamphao
- Helicopter rides to nature reserves