Soak up the natural beauty of northern Madagascar at this peaceful eco-lodge. All chalets have private wooden decks with superb views stretching out towards the Indian Ocean.
Stay at this exclusive lodge during your tailor-made holiday and you’ll find yourself in the midst of turquoise seas, rich forests, immense mountains and beautiful bays. The property has an excellent location close to the Amber Mountain National Park, a region of waterfalls, lakes and incredible biodiversity. Trips can also be organised to Diego Suarez, Nosy Be and the stunning rock formations – known as ‘Tsingys’ – of the Ankarana Nature Reserve.
The 12 raised, standalone bungalows are spacious and simply decorated. All are identically fitted with en-suite bathrooms and private wooden decks, which either overlook the lush green rainforest or the picturesque Bay of Diego. You’ll find another amazing view – over the Mozambique Channel and Indian Ocean – from the large terrace opening out from the main lodge. The restaurant, with its rosewood furnishings and French doors, serves fresh, seasonal meals using ingredients straight from the sea, local market and on-site vegetable garden.
Nature Lodge, at a glance
- Small and tranquil eco-lodge in the village of Joffreville in northern Madagascar
- 30kms from Diego Saurez and within easy reach of Amber Mountain National Park
- 12 spacious, thatched chalets made from local wood
- Private decks, mosquito nets and en-suite bathrooms with separate toilets
- All with panoramic views over the Bay of Diego or the Amber Mountain forest
- The main lodge, with its large wooden terrace, enjoys stunning views across the Mozambique Channel and Indian Ocean beyond
- Warm and friendly staff and service
- Stylish bar and restaurant serving delicious seasonal meals both indoors and al fresco
For leisure and pleasure
- Spot lemurs and other wildlife in the nearby Amber Mountain National Park
- See the ancient limestone karst formations at the Ankarana Reserve
- Explore the lively city of Diego Saurez with its colonial architecture
- Go sailing on the Emerald Sea
- Hike along the white sanded beaches of the Baie des Dunes
- Go bird watching
- Visit the laid-back island of Nosy Be for fantastic snorkelling
- Relaxing indoor and outdoor lounge areas