Enclosed by tropical gardens on the shores of Sainte-Marie, this welcoming resort delivers delicious cuisine, wonderful facilities and beautiful villa accommodations.
Facing the dreamy turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean, Princesse Bora is a picture-perfect island getaway with an irresistibly laid-back charm. Dotted throughout the grounds and connected by boardwalks, the thatched villas are thoughtfully appointed with air conditioners, showers with separate toilets and large terraces with hammocks. Executive Beach Villas also enjoy sunken stone bathtubs and a private garden leading out towards the ocean.
Those with a taste for adventure will find many ways to explore the island and its villages, beaches, lush mangroves and lagoons – from 4x4 tours to quad and mountain biking. Water skiing and fishing are also on offer, whilst the dive center provides an opportunity for those of all levels to experience the island’s vibrant corals and underwater life. For those looking to unwind, the jungle spa offers unique treatments inspired by African traditions including citrus baths and wild honey body scrubs.
Princesse Bora, at a glance
- Charming beachfront resort on Sainte-Marie (Nosy Boraha) off the east coast of Madagascar
- A tranquil setting with a welcoming atmosphere
- Selection of thatched villas set amidst tropical gardens and a white-sanded beach
- All are comfortably furnished and have a simple yet sophisticated décor
- Constructed from natural materials such as dried leaves, rosewood and cut stone
- Enjoy diverse cuisine featuring delicious fresh seafood at the Beach Grill Restaurant
- Cocktail bar with great views over the lagoon
For leisure and pleasure
- 25 meter swimming pool with a sundeck overlooking the ocean
- Table tennis and beach volleyball facilities
- Experience superb snorkeling and diving at the Bora Dive and Research Center
- Explore the island on foot or by quad bike, motorbike or 4x4
- Fantastic climbing opportunities in Cocobay to the north of the island
- Range of water sports to try including water skiing and fishing
- Whale watching tours between July and September
- Visit the lodge’s wine cellar and rum distillery
- Shop for handmade souvenirs and gifts at the Ivahona shop