Perched above a sandy beach between rich forest and the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean, this secluded property offers travelers a taste of true barefoot luxury.
Isolated from the rest of the world on the remote Madagascan island of Nosy Komba, Tsara Komba is the perfect place for a honeymoon or luxury getaway. You’ll find eight individually decorated thatched lodges assembled on a hillside full of tropical flowers. Each has four-poster beds, spacious bathrooms, private terraces and large openings that let in plenty of sunshine and natural light. Granite pathways lead down to an expansive beach where you can stroll along golden sands or stretch out on a sun lounger.
Those who want to make the most of the exquisite surroundings will find themselves well catered for. Accompanied by knowledgeable guides, you can enjoy fishing, island-hopping and hiking through the verdant forest in search of lemurs, chameleons and rare birds. You can even learn how to sail a traditional pirogue. The island itself is a paradise for snorkelers and scuba divers, surrounded by warm, clear waters that teem with an abundance of multi-coloured fish.
Tsara Komba, at a glance
- Exclusive eco-lodge on remote Nosy Komba, otherwise known as ‘Lemur Island’
- Just six ocean view lodges and two ocean view suites, constructed to blend in with the natural surroundings
- Private terraces open onto magnificent ocean vistas whilst high thatched ceilings keep the guestrooms cool
- Warm, homey interiors with natural colors, wooden floors and Madagascan antiques and crafts
- Friendly and warm hospitality
- Bar serving cocktails and restaurant serving wonderfully fresh food featuring island-grown produce and seafood straight from the ocean
- Four terraces in the main lodge afford uninterrupted views across the bay and Tsaratanana Mountains
- Member of the National Geographic’s ‘Unique Lodges of the World’ collection
For leisure and pleasure
- Exceptional snorkeling and scuba diving just minutes from the property
- Variety of fishing activities, from bottom fishing to troll fishing
- Visit the village of Ampangorina to see local handicrafts in action
- Discover the unique flora and fauna of the island alongside expert guides
- Traditional pirogue sailing classes
- Tour the island by boat, visiting villages en route
- Visit the Baie des Russes, known for its rich marine life that includes whales, dolphins and manta rays
- Excursions to the Mitsio archipelago, Kisimany or Mamoko
- Beach volleyball, badminton and kite flying