The Desroches Island has been voted into the Forbes Top 10 Remote Destinations in the World. Against, as you can imagine, some pretty heavenly competition.
Giant tortoises roam free across the island, unconcerned by your approach. White – almost pale pink – beaches stretch for miles without a single footprint. The water is a perfect reflection of the sky above, and beneath its crystal surface awaits a multi-coloured world of coral and dazzling fish.
Make Desroches Island part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to the Seychelles and you’ll soon realise why Forbes rate the island so highly as a remote destination. You’ll also come to believe that the word ‘remote’ is synonymous with ‘beautiful’ - you’ll find yourself standing on one of the most breathtakingly gorgeous spots on the planet.
The Desroches Island Resort is pretty special too. It defines itself as an island refuge, the perfect spot for romance, shameless pampering and ultimate relaxation.
Desroches Island, at a glance
- Exclusive, five star luxury is a spectacular beach setting
- Set in the Outer Islands, 230 km from Mahé
- The only resort on the island
- Choice of suites, retreats, villas and residences
- Beachside or natural jungle settings
- Villas typically have pools, living areas and kitchens
- Retreats usually feature plunge pools, decks and living areas
- Fine cuisine inspired by the fruits of the Indian Ocean
For leisure and pleasure
- Over 14 km of secluded white beach
- Fabulous swimming pool
- New Escape Spa set in a natural island environment
- Outer Islands exploration cruises
- Incomparable coral diving and snorkelling
- Game fishing for wahoo, sailfish and dogtooth tuna
- Island discovery nature tours
- Wind surfing and paddle boarding
- Kayaking and hydro-cycling