Forget your traditional idea of camping. Even ‘glamping’ doesn’t compare. This is ultra-camping and some of India’s most spectacular and picturesque settings are the destinations.
Ultra-camping will destroy your preconceptions of a life under canvas, but it will also reinforce your most romantic and sensory mind-pictures of India’s remote destinations.
Make a camping expedition part of your luxury, tailor-made vacation to India and you will be wafted, in incomparable comfort, to the dramatic scenery, the ethereally beautiful rural landscapes, the colourful culture, the mountains and sacred rivers that symbolise the mystery of the subcontinent.
The Ultimate Traveling Camps, at a glance
- Each camp offers individual luxuries, but expect spacious, airy, Maharaja-style tents
- King-sized beds with crisp white linen
- En suite bathrooms
- Full butler service
- Private sun/star-gazing decks
- Exquisite, under-the-stars dining
- Chamba Camp, Diskit, Ladakh offers luxury tents in the shadow of the Diskit Monastery. All tents have ensuite bathrooms, private decks, crisp linen and your very own butler. Activities include camel safaris and walking tours through ancient villages.
- Chamba Camp, Thiksey, Ladakh presents you with polo matches and rafting along the Indus River, picnic lunches and campfire travelogues – amidst ancient monasteries, mountain passes and cobalt lakes.
- Kishkinda Camp, Hampi sits within walking distance of the village’s UNESCO-protected palaces, temples, watchtowers and ruins. Expect ten colonial-style tents with plush beds, hand crafted décor and personal butlers.
- Kohima Camp, Nagaland operates for just 12-14 days each November for the vibrant Hornbill festival in Nagaland, East India. Set in rich forest, each spacious tent boasts four-poster beds and beautiful mountain views.
- Jaagir Lodge, Dudhwa National Park offers guests the chance to experience the rich wildlife, enchanting scenery and fascinating culture of the Terai from the comfort of luxurious guestrooms, suites and villas. Enjoy guided safaris, bird watching and nature walks.