Step aboard the intimate Zambezi Queen – a boutique floating hotel – for a rewarding safari experience on the Chobe River.
This polished, 42-meter river vessel features just 14 suites with contemporary interiors imagined by renowned South African designer Jenni Button. En suite bathrooms, comfy beds and a chic, neutral color palette are combined with ceiling fans, Wi-Fi and air conditioning. Each suite also has its own small balcony, providing occupants with a private spot from which to drink in the passing scenery and cooling river breeze.
Itineraries are designed to be flexible and allow guests to choose from a variety of activities such as water-based safaris, village tours, fly fishing and bird watching. As you meander down the Chobe River between Chobe National Park and Namibia’s Caprivi Strip you will be confronted with lush landscapes and scenes of incredible wildlife, with elephants, buffalo, leopard, lion and antelope all to be spotted. Cool off with a dip in the plunge pool and indulge your taste buds in the dining room where meals are prepared using the finest local produce.
Zambezi Queen, at a glance
- 42-meter luxury boutique houseboat on the Chobe River
- 14 elegantly appointed suites, including 10 standard and 4 slightly larger master suites
- Classic interiors with understated furnishings and either one double or two single beds
- All with private balconies and en suite bathrooms (shower only) as well as hairdryers, toiletries, gowns and slippers
- Ceiling fans, shutters and air conditioning ensure you keep cool even in the hotter months
- Meals are served in the dining room and consist of a full English breakfast, buffet lunch and a choice of two plated menu options for dinner
- Bar on the upper deck stocking a selection of local and imported spirits, wine and beers
- Open plan lounge area and fireplace
- Plunge swimming pool and sunbathing area
- Both land and water based activities are available including tiger/bream fishing, bird watching, wildlife-viewing on tender boats, village tours, photo safaris and 4x4 excursions in Chobe National Park
- Admire the starry night sky through the boat’s astronomical telescope
- A dedicated team of guides and staff on board
Where will the Zambezi Queen take you?
- Two-night and three-night itineraries on the Chobe River departing every Monday, Wednesday and Friday