Serian, an apt name that means ‘peaceful’ in Masai, is a true haven where guests can experience the magic of the Masai Mara from the comfort of just five luxury tents.
What really sets Serian apart is its location. One of just 11 camps in the exclusive Mara North Conservancy – an 80,000-acre private wilderness where big cats bask in the sunshine – you will feel like you have this corner of Africa all to yourself. Here sweeping plains give way to thickets of woodland, and activities include off-road driving, walking safaris and following the Great Migration. Each guest is designated their own safari vehicle, expert guide and spotter, which allows for a truly personalised experience.
Serian has just five spacious tents, each elevated on hardwood decks overlooking the Oloololo Escarpment. Simply yet elegantly appointed in classic safari style, all tents have an adjoining bathroom where you can bathe overlooking the stunning river valley. You can also choose to spend a night in ‘The Nest’, a secluded treehouse with a romantic setting in a Warburgia tree overlooking the Mara River. Drifting off to the sounds of the bush under a canopy of stars – there’s no experience quite like it.
Serian ‘The Original’, at a glance
- Exclusive, intimate safari camp located in the private Mara North Conservancy
- Five spacious and luxuriously appointed tents, of which one is a family suite
- All sit on hardwood decking above the Mara River, with expansive views over the Oloololo Escarpment
- Double beds with bedside tables and writing desks
- Each has an adjoining bush bathroom with hot and cold running water, flush toilet, and a shower and custom-made bathtub with gorgeous views over the landscape
- Dine family-style in the dining room or out on the wooden deck where you can drink in stunning views
For leisure and pleasure
- Guests have exclusive use of a 4WD safari vehicle, plus a dedicated guide and spotter
- Off-road and night driving
- Riding excursions
- Walking safaris
- Hot air ballooning
- Fly camping
- Photography workshops
- Follow the Great Migration
- Fishing opportunities
- Sleep-out under the stars at Serian’s ‘Nest’ overlooking the Mara River