A modern and contemporary, boutique hotel in the heart of Fremantle, The Hougoumont is ultimately luxurious.
Beginning at the beginning, the Hougoumont Hotel was named after a famous and infamous, three masted, ocean-going sailing ship – built in the 1850s and one of the last to bring convicts from Plymouth to Port Adelaide. Make the Hougoumont a destination on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Australia and you’ll find the hotel also stands in a historic part of town; the famed Banister Street. Old though the walls of the hotel undoubtedly are, you’ll find that the internal appointments - as well as the thinking behind the hotel - are decidedly modern. Rather than superfluous space and fripperies, the Hougoumont concentrates on style, chic interior décor, state-of-the-art connectivity and, of course, a central setting that means the reasons you’re visiting Fremantle are just a few minutes walk away.
Hougoumont Hotel, at a glance
- Ultra-modern hotel in a historic, centre-of-town location
- Choice of nautically-named Superior Cabins and State Rooms
- Cabins have views of the city, stylish en suite showers, flat screens and (unusual for Australia) free WiFi
- Staterooms are large with impressive city views, en suites and desk/dresser areas, flat screens and great connectivity
- Just 15 metres away from Fremantle’s main street for dining out, with a huge selection of restaurants, bistros and cafés
For leisure and pleasure
- Spring Into Fitness is within a few minutes walk
- Superb Hougoumont Lounge serving fine drinks and light snacks
- Bar, flat screen TVs and deluxe couches
- Perfect base for cruising the restaurants, cafés, bistros and bars of Fremantle
- Walking trails, cycle and scooter hire close by
- Free bus shuttle service around the High Street