And relax. The Sanctuary – as its name implies – is the perfect place to take a break from your holiday; surrounded by an untouched native rainforest and a beautiful coast.
New Zealand is almost as far away as you can possibly go from the UK. So, it’s natural that once you’ve travelled across the world, you want to see as much as possible. And both the North and South islands have lots to experience. Which is why you should put a visit to The Sanctuary on the itinerary of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to New Zealand.
The Sanctuary gives you the chance to relax, unwind and take stock of your surroundings – a private natural bush reserve that includes one of the last remaining untouched rainforests in the region. The Sanctuary also offers you the opportunity to explore the beautiful Bay of Islands with its outstanding scenery, sightseeing and numerous ways to enjoy the water and natural coastline.
The Sanctuary, at a glance
- Boutique hotel set on a private bush reserve
- Just five minutes’ drive from Paihai
- Choice of only four guest rooms – all on the lower floor with direct access to the plunge pool and sun deck
- Natural décor that reflects the native surroundings
- King-size beds and floor-to-ceiling windows providing gorgeous views
- Spacious balconies
- Modern en suite bathrooms with underfloor heating, plus walk-in wardrobes
- Great entertainment systems and complimentary WiFi
- Informal restaurant serving healthy and hearty food using mainly locally grown ingredients and organic produce
For leisure and pleasure
- Infinity edge plunge pool complete with sun deck
- Gather an insight into pre-European cultures at Stone Store, Kemp House, Waimate Mission House, Hokianga, Cape Reinga and Waitanga Treaty
- Ferries to Russell and Kororareka
- Dolphin watching, orca-spotting, sailing and kayaking
- Scuba diving and snorkelling
- Tours of Bay of Islands’ Cream Tip and the Hole in the Rock Experience
- Rainbow Falls and Puketi Rainforest visits
- Northland Wine Trail
- Sky diving
- Great golf courses within easy reach