New Zealand tallest mountain. The region’s most impressive views. The country’s longest glacier. The hemi-sphere’s most awe-inspiring, dark sky star-gazing. Some of the nicest people you’ll ever meet!
Expect a great welcome if you put The Hermitage on the itinerary of your luxury, tailor-made vacation to New Zealand. The staff here just love visitors and can’t wait to introduce them to the regions attractions. Not least of which is the hotel itself.
It’s a place that deals in superlatives. The views from your room will be filled with Aoraki Mount Cook, the country’s highest mountain. And your days will be filled with the most spell-binding adventures. You can take a tour of the Tasman Valley to explore New Zealand’s longest glacier. Or watch the stars through a giant telescope in the Aoraki Mackenzie International Dark Sky Reserve. Or simply indulge yourself in one of the best dinners on the entire island. Yet another superlative to enjoy.
The Hermitage Hotel, at a glance
- Welcoming modern hotel complex close to an idyllic local village
- Choice of 164 modern, stylish and comfortable rooms
- The majority have sweeping mountain or valley views from impressive picture windows
- Designer en suite bathtub or shower rooms
- Fridges, satellite TV and WiFi
- Panoramic, mountain-view restaurant serving the freshest and finest of New Zealand produce
For leisure and pleasure
- Discover the beautiful Tasman Valley
- RIB tours to the Tasman Glacier
- 4x4 and Argo tours of the glacier itself
- Enjoy fantastic sunrise or sunset views of Aoraki Mount Cook – all 3724 meters of it
- Incredible star-gazing at the Aoraki Mackenzie International Dark Sky Reserve
- Scenic helicopter flights and heli-hiking