A family-operated hotel just steps from the vibrant waterfront, the Bolton is a brilliant base for making the most of your stay in New Zealand’s energetic capital.
The Bolton – it’s named after one of the earliest of the immigrant ships to arrive here – is an independent hotel that specialises in welcoming visitors to Wellington. So you can expect to find a number of thoughtful touches, personalised extras and refinements that may not be apparent in larger hotels, including a choice of pillow types to help ensure a perfect night’s sleep. The rooms are some of largest in the city, and range from elegant studios to airy, apartment-style suites that are great for families.
Choose the Bolton your luxury, tailor-made holiday to New Zealand, and you’ll find yourself in the heart of the capital, in the area most prized for its upscale restaurants, cafés and shops. The botanical gardens, park, Parliament buildings, waterfront and theatres are all close at hand. After exploring the area, return for a refreshing dip in the hotel’s lap pool, or a sumptuous high tea in the lobby.
Bolton Hotel, at a glance
- Stylish, independent hotel located in the centre of Wellington
- Choice of 137 stylish guest rooms, including chic studios and one and two bedroom suites
- Suites typically feature separate living areas, balconies and dining areas
- Views of the city and rolling Thorndon Hills
- Supremely comfortable beds with plush mattresses and a menu of pillows
- Cool white interior design and floor-to-ceiling windows inviting in natural light
- Designer ensuite bathrooms
- In-house restaurant Artisan presents authentic New Zealand cuisine using seasonal ingredients
- Enjoy perfectly crafted coffees and light bites in the Lobby Cafe
For leisure and pleasure
- Brilliant base for maximising your stay in lovely Wellington
- Perfect setting for sightseeing, visiting galleries, museums and dining out
- Nearby attractions include The Beehive, Lambton Quay, Wellington Botanic Garden and the Waterfront
- Wonderful indoor lap pool
- Fitness centre and sauna
- Enjoy an indulgent High Tea in the lobby
- Unforgettable cultural events and multi-sensory experiences including light festivals, Te Papa special exhibitions and Weta Workshop tours