For once, a beautiful beach beside the Indian Ocean isn’t the main attraction. Because Cinnamon Wild is also on the edge of Yala National Park.
You’ve had a full day, beginning with a safari through one of Sri Lanka’s foremost wildlife reserves, followed by an afternoon lazing beside the Indian Ocean and an evening revelling with new-found friends. You’re just cruising off the sleep when – bump! – something lands on the roof of your chalet. Relax; it’s probably just one of grey lemurs that regularly visit the resort.
In fact, if you stay at Cinnamon Wild on your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Sri Lanka you’re likely to meet other wild guests – like elephants and wild boar. Even leopards have been known to stroll over from nearby Yala National Park. But you don’t have to wait for them to call on you – Cinnamon Wild specialises in great safaris, as well as offering a superb beach.
Cinnamon Wild, at a glance
- Green Globe-certified wildlife resort poised on the edge of Yala National Park and a fine beach
- Choice of 68 comfortable chalets – eight of which are on Yala Beach
- Newly renovated interiors by local artist Meena de Silva
- Jungle chalets are rustic, yet luxurious with tented king-size beds and chic en suite bathrooms
- Beach chalets are raised with hardwood floors, private terraces and wood panelling throughout
- Dining and entertainment options include Tuskers – with views of passing elephants – the Roof Top Bar, Pugmarks Bar and destination dining out in the bush
For leisure and pleasure
- Stunning swimming pool with central island
- Azmaara spa offering Swedish and Balinese healing treatments
- Close to a beautiful lake complete with pelicans, deer and crocodiles
- Nature tours and safaris conducted by highly skilled trackers and professional naturalists
- 4x4 vehicles travel deep into Yala
- Elephants, crocodiles, lemurs, boar, leopard and myriad birds
- Night safaris with infra-red equipment – an experience unique to Cinnamon Wild
- Guided nature walks along designated trails
- Cultural visits to a small rural village
- Excursions to the significant Buddhist site of Situlpawwa Rock Temple