An exclusive-use country retreat, Laragai House offers genuine seclusion and unparalleled mountain views on the Borana Conservancy in northern Kenya.
Sprawling for over 32,000 acres, this private conservation area is roamed by the likes of elephant, lion, reticulated giraffe, leopard, striped hyena, Grevy’s zebra and both black and white rhinos. Birds are also in abundance, with some 350 recorded species.
Wildlife viewing can be enjoyed on foot, in open vehicles and even on horseback, with experienced and novice riders both welcomed. Rhino tracking is a particular highlight, and a great way to learn more about these endangered species whose numbers have flourished in the area in recent years. Quad biking, overnight fly camping and helicopter trips to Mount Kenya can also be arranged, whilst the conservancy’s wildlife-friendly dam is perfect for fishing and stand-up paddle boarding. With a waterhole located close to the house, you may prefer to watch wildlife from the comfort of your own room.
The main house is equipped with a dining room, bar, drawing room, heated infinity pool, tennis court and games room, ensuring you’re well catered for during your leisure hours. Bedrooms boast beautiful views over the surrounding landscape.
Laragai House, at a glance
- Exclusive-use house set on the 32,000-acre Borana Conservancy in Kenya’s Laikipia region
- Originally built as a family country retreat
- Sleeps 16 guests in eight bedrooms, all with ensuite bathrooms
- Interiors offer rich fabrics, open log fires and handmade furniture
- Highly experienced team of staff
- Private charters can be arranged from Kenya’s international airport directly to Laragai House, landing on its private airstrip
For leisure and pleasure
- Day and night game drives, guided bush walks and horseback safaris
- Rhino tracking on foot
- Stand-up paddle boarding and fishing on the dam
- Helicopter trips and quad biking
- Excursions within the Ngare Ndare Forest
- Sundowners on the original ‘Pride Rock’ from Disney’s The Lion King
- Infinity swimming pool
- Gym, tennis court and games room with table tennis, darts and croquet
- Onsite masseuse