The Chindeni Hills provide the magnificent backdrop to this beautiful tented camp, which you’ll find on the edge of an oxbow lagoon in the southern South Luangwa.
At Chindeni, the thrill of sleeping under canvas is combined with style, comfort and outstanding guiding. Its four tented chalets sleep just a handful of guests, and feel like secluded treehouses nestled beneath a group of large ebonies. You’ll be able to watch elephants and hippo bathe by sunset from your private veranda, and dine on superb food in the shaded dining area and adjoining lounge.
Whether you’re feeling intrepid or take a more leisurely approach to game viewing, Chindeni has activities to suit every type of safari-goer. The South Luangwa is famed for its diversity of wildlife, and you’ll experience this first-hand on superb walking safaris, morning game drives and night drives with the finest guides. Alternatively, get comfortable in a deckchair and watch as the resident wildlife come to drink from the lagoon in front of camp.
Chindeni Bush Camp, at a glance
- Stylish tented camp with a charming setting next to a large and permanent oxbow lake
- Located in the game-rich southern region of the South Luangwa National Park
- Impressive backdrop of the Chindeni Hills
- Four inviting guest tents with four-poster beds, cosy sitting rooms and private decks
- Luxuriously furnished in a modern, minimalist style
- Vaulted canvas ceilings and stripped wooden floors
- Well-appointed ensuite bathrooms with flush toilets, showers and double vanities
- Open dining/lounge and bar area shaded by ebony trees
- Walking distance from Chamilandu and Bilimungwe Bush Camps
For leisure and pleasure
- Superb walking safaris with experienced guides
- Day and night game drives
- Scenic sundowner trips
- Fantastic birdwatching with plentiful pelicans, yellow-billed storks, fish eagles and kingfishers
- Fabulous ‘armchair game viewing’ with an abundance of game drawn to the lagoon in front of camp
- Glorious expanse of multi-level decking