Buhoma Lodge has a perfect location right on the edge of the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, just a stone’s throw away from the meeting point for gorilla trekking excursions.
Scattered along a hillside, the lodge’s eight solar-powered cottages are spacious and tastefully furnished with sustainable, locally sourced materials used wherever possible. All rooms are equipped with ensuite bathrooms, comfy beds and private verandas that open onto spectacular forest views. As you awake to the sounds of the wilderness, you’ll be brought a fresh cup of tea or coffee to start your day.
Days, naturally, are primarily dedicated to tracking Bwindi’s famous mountain gorillas, but you’ll also enjoy guided forest walks, birding and cultural visits to the local community. Back at the lodge, the elevated lounge and bar area invites you to unwind with its open fireplace and deep, plush couches - perfect for sinking into after a full day of gorilla trekking. You’ll dine on tasty meals crafted from fresh, local produce, with a combination of regional and international dishes to choose from.
Buhoma Lodge, at a glance
- Eco-friendly lodge with a superb location on the edge of the Bwindi Impenetrable National Park - home to the endangered mountain gorilla
- Just a short distance from the meeting point for gorilla trekking excursions
- Eight comfortable cottages built from local materials
- Ensuite bathrooms with flush toilets and hot/cold running water
- Large windows and private verandas offer fabulous views over the forest canopy and into Bwindi National Park
- All rooms are solar-powered and insect-proof
- The staff, who are all local, provide a very warm and friendly service
- Open-air lounge and bar area offering uninterrupted and elevated forest views
For leisure and pleasure
- Enjoy enchanting gorilla trekking excursions within Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Guided forest walks and birdwatching tours with qualified local guides to spot some of the 350 recorded species
- Go butterfly watching to discover colourful endemic varieties
- Various community experiences including walks through the village and visits to the local hospital, school and orphanage
- Learn more about the unique culture of the Batwa Pygmy tribe
- Enjoy curio shopping in the village
- Massages available at the lodge