Dating back to the 19th century, this restored Sicilian residence makes the most enchanting place to enjoy a relaxing Italian getaway.
Surrounded by fragrant Mediterranean gardens, Donna Carmela has an enviable location between Volcano Etna and the Ionian Sea, close to a myriad of cultural and natural attractions. Carefully restored by a French interior designer, the property strikes the perfect balance between the classic and the modern, complemented by the warm welcome of its staff.
With its lava stone courtyards, well-stocked wine cellar and beautiful pool framed by olive trees, Donna Carmela promises a dreamy getaway on Sicily’s historic eastern coast. Days can be spent hiking, sailing and quad biking around Mount Etna, taking in the hilltop town of Trinarcia or the nearby winery of Pietradolce.
There are beautifully styled guestrooms and a handful of modern lodges dotted amongst the lush grounds. With sea or mountain views, each is perfectly tailored for peaceful seclusion. Little luxuries include panoramic terraces, lava stone hot tubs and private gardens. The two fabulous restaurants showcase the authentic flavours of Sicily, whilst spa therapists are on hand to deliver relaxing massages and beauty treatments.
Donna Carmela, at a glance
- Charming, family-friendly boutique hotel located on Sicily’s historic eastern coast
- Carefully restored 19th century country residence
- Immersed in 550 hectares of Mediterranean and sub-tropical gardens
- 26 beautifully styled guestrooms dotted amidst the lush greenery
- Fabulous sea or mountain views
- Two elegant restaurants, La Cucina di Donna Carmela and Sintesi, showcasing authentic Italian cuisine using ingredients from the gardens
- Modern and sophisticated Rizobar
For leisure and pleasure
- Delightful outdoor swimming pool
- Tennis and golf
- Hiking, biking and sailing adventures
- Well-stocked Wine Cellar home to more than 300 labels
- Bright and modern fitness room, with a personal trainer on request
- Relaxing massages and beauty treatments delivered by expert spa therapists
- Excursions to the historical hilltop town of Taormina
- Visits to the nearby winery Pietradolce which sits on the northern slopes of Mount Etna
- Explore the Aeolian coasts and the island of Trinacria
- Great base for visiting the Radicepura Garden Festival which showcases 5,000 varieties of plants from Sicily and around the world