Surrounded by graceful Sal forests in the Himalayan foothills, this acclaimed wellness retreat sits within the 100-acre grounds of a Maharaja’s Palace.
Perfectly poised above the spiritual town of Rishikesh and the sacred Ganges river valley, a stay at Ananda will leave you feeling deeply energised and refreshed. Here, ancient Indian healing practices are combined with international wellness therapies, healthy cuisine and fitness. Qualified Ayurveda doctors are on hand to administer personalised treatment programs, with complimentary yoga sessions and daily interactive talks from Vedanta disciples also on the menu. Easily accessible by train or flight from Delhi, it’s the perfect place to spend a few serene days.
The award-winning Ananda Spa, with its richly varied treatment menu, is the principal attraction, though the beautiful surroundings provide the opportunity for nature walks and white water rafting for those feeling more adventurous. The 78 rooms and suites provide the ultimate private retreats, with clean lines, contemporary furniture and swathes of polished, dark wood.
Ananda In The Himalayas, at a glance
- Award-winning spa resort located on a 100-acre estate in the Himalayan foothills
- Centred around the palace of the Maharaja of Tehri-Garhwal
- Choice of 70 gracious rooms and a collection of individual suites and villas, some with private pools
- Rooms have far-reaching views over the Palace, the restful gardens or the tranquil valley
- Large balconies for quiet contemplation
- Dining options include the main restaurant, tree top deck and pavilion, which serve a variety of pan-Indian dishes, Asian and western food
- Specially curated menus based on guests personalised wellness programmes
For leisure and pleasure
- 24,000 sq foot holistic spa offering an extensive treatment menu integrating Ayurveda with the more contemporary Western spa approach
- Steam room and sauna
- Yoga and meditation classes in the well-tended gardens
- One-to-one fitness training sessions
- Early morning swims in a pool flanked by natural forest
- Six-hole golf course and billiards room
- Vedanta lectures and cookery classes
- Nature walks and bird watching
- Trekking and white water rafting
- Excursions to Rishikesh and Haridar