Coming from native Quechua, Atix translates as ‘the one who thrives’ and it’s the hotel’s inspiring design, which helps it standout in the dizzying heights of the Bolivian capital.
The Atix Hotel represents the new face of hospitality in Bolivia. The hotel facade is clad in native Bolivian wood and Comanche stone, which paved the streets of La Paz between the 1920’s and 1930’s.
The hotel’s unique design is the result of collaboration with New York design studios, Narofsky Architecture and Ways2Design. The enigmatic structure of Atix is shaped like a parallelogram, defined by floor-to-ceiling windows, which immerse guests in the surrounding Andean Valley.
Part hotel, part live-in gallery, guests can enjoy a private photography and art collection created by renowned Andean artist, Gastón Ugalde. Art-work is found throughout the hotel, including the 53 modern and luxurious rooms.
Set in the Zona Sur district, Atix Hotel is located in the vibrant, exclusive neighbourhood of Calacoto, approximately 20 minutes from downtown La Paz and 40 minutes from El Alto International Airport.
Atix, at a glance
- Boutique hotel with 53 modern and stylish rooms and suites
- Selected to be part of the prestigious ‘Design Hotels’ group
- A must for art-lovers, Atix boasts a private photography and art collection created by Gastón Ugalde (known as the ‘Andean Andy Warhol’)
- +591 rooftop bar, serving up delicious cocktails and unparalleled views of the city
- Perfectly positioned for discovering downtown La Paz
For leisure and please
- In the exclusive Zona Sur district of the city, close to the city’s hottest restaurants, bars and shops
- Take a swim in the hotel’s rooftop infinity pool - the perfect environment when allowing your body to adjust to the lofty heights of La Paz
- Make a reservation at the hotel’s Ona restaurant, where the innovative menu blends traditional ingredients with culinary flare
- Visit the nearby Valle de la Luna or the Mercado de Las Brujas (witches market)