Situated on the edge of the rainforest just two kilometres from the famous Sepilok Rehabilitation Centre, MY Nature Resort puts you in the perfect position for encounters with the country’s magnificent orangutans.
From biodegradable toiletries to the solar panels that are used to heat the resort’s water, MY Nature Resort does all it can to protect the ecosystem of one of the world’s oldest tropical rainforests. Accommodation comes in the form of 12 wooden, semi-detached chalets, simple in style but clean and comfortably furnished with jungle-framing windows. Most have balconies, allowing guests to relax as they soak in the calming forest sounds.
The property runs a shuttle bus service to and from the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre where you can enjoy up-close encounters with rescued orangutans. Head back to the hotel to cool down in the swimming pool or explore the 1,000-foot long boardwalk winding through the surrounding Forest Reserve. In the evenings, the in-house guide will lead you on an enchanting night walk to experience the nocturnal sights of the rainforest.
MY Nature Resort, at a glance
- Secluded, eco-friendly resort on the edge of the rainforest in Sabah
- 24 air-conditioned rooms, including six family rooms
- Traditional design with solar panels and biodegradable toiletries
- Amenities include air conditioning, fans and TVs
- Ensuite bathrooms and large terraces with lovely jungle views
- The Forest Restaurant offers buffet breaks and hearty lunches and dinners
For leisure and pleasure
- Close to the Sepilok Rehabilitation Centre and Sun Bear Conservation Centre
- Guided night walks
- Small swimming pool and sundeck
- 1,000-foot long boardwalk rainforest trail
- Flying squirrel platform