Combining timeless elegance with the stylish overtones of Art Deco, the Borg puts you in the ideal place to enjoy Reykjavik to the full.
Wander around Reykjavik’s impressive Austurvoller Square and your camera will be attracted to several landmark buildings. The Althingi, for example, Iceland’s parliament buildings are particularly fine. The cathedral is certainly worth a visit - but the Borg is the place to stay. Standing imposingly on one of the Square’s corners, this hotel is a statuesque monument to classic elegance and the clean lines and streamlined shapes of the Art Deco movement.
Step inside Hotel Borg and you’ll realize the Deco theme goes beyond the edifice. Ceiling high windows throw great streams of light onto geometrically patterned marble floors and angular armchairs. Your room will have custom-made furniture and period black and white bathrooms with heated marble floors. Even the Silfur Restaurant serves designer food with a definite Icelandic flavor.
Hotel Borg, at a glance
- Unrivalled setting on Austurvoller Square, in the most prestigious precinct of Reykjavik
- 50 minutes from the airport
- Choice of 56 rooms and suites – all in keeping with the infinitely stylish, Art Deco theme
- Designer en suites and city views
- Tower Suite has two floors, three bedrooms and 360º views of the city
- Lounge Restaurant serves Icelandic cuisine
- Café and bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Perfect base for exploring Reykjavik’s sights, culture, museums and galleries, historic buildings, restaurants and shops
- City tours arranged
- Concierge service for opera and theater tickets and city advice
- Walking distance from Frikirkjan i Reykjavik