Located on Iceland’s wild and magical Snaefellsnes Peninsula, Hotel Budir attracts guests with its unique setting and fantastic restaurant.
Dominated by the Snaefellsjökull Volcano, this corner of western Iceland is famed for its steaming lava fields, black-sand beaches and jagged mountains. Perched on a beach on the edge of a lava field, with the Snaefellsnes glacier close by, the intimate Hotel Budir is the perfect gateway into this dramatic landscape. When it comes to accommodation, you’ll have a choice of magnificent views - the glacier, the sea, the mountains, the lava field or the tiny Black Church of Budir. Hardwood floors and minimalist decor feature throughout, along with all the modern conveniences.
Far removed from the city lights, this is a great base for catching the mystical Northern Lights, as well as an array of hiking, ice-climbing, cave exploring, whale watching and horse riding adventures. Activities will be tailored to your specific interests to ensure an unforgettable experience.
Renowned for its delectable cuisine, the beautiful dining room at Hotel Budir is a major draw. Seasonal ingredients are sourced directly from local farmers and fisherman to supply a menu that features gourmet fish and lamb dishes alongside delectable desserts.
Hotel Budir, at a glance
- Unique boutique hotel located next to a sandy beach on a remote lava field
- Housed in a former 17th century trading post
- Situated on the Snaefellsnes Peninsula, a two-hour drive from Reykjavik
- 28 individually designed double rooms, including one suite
- All rooms boast large windows framing the magnificent landscape
- A fantastic gourmet restaurant serving top quality Icelandic food and wine
- Adjoining lounge and bar with views of the mountains and Atlantic Ocean
For leisure and pleasure
- Witness the mystical northern lights
- Horseback riding tours on Icelandic horses
- Super-jeep safaris and snowmobile tours
- Hiking adventures
- Ice-climbing and cave exploring
- Fishing on and around the Snaefellsnes Peninsula
- Whale watching in Grundafjordur
- Helicopter tours
- Explore the interesting Shark and Volcano Museums