Indian safari at its best, Mahua Kothi offers luxury accommodation and a relaxing spa, all after a days game driving.
Some adventures begin in the most unexpected way. At Mahua Kothi, you may find your wildlife adventure starts in the most civilised manner; with tea. But waiting for you out in Bandhavgarh National Park are tigers. Not to mention leopard, jungle cats and wild dogs. An array of multi-coloured birds. Jackal, and black faced langur, porcupine and hyenas, deer and sloth bears. All yours to be viewed from the back of an elephant, or aboard a purposeful 4x4 game drive vehicle.
And back at ‘camp’ you can relive your adventures whilst lounging beside the pool, having a deeply relaxing massage, dining out under the stars on an elegant terrace or al fresco, on the riverbank.
Mahua Kothi, at a glance
- Just four hours from Jabalpur or 230 km from Khajuraho airport
- Incomparable setting near Bandhavgarh National Park
- 40 acres featuring abundant white-flowered Madhuca Indica trees
- 12 charming Kutiyas – quaint cottage suites
- Typical stone floors and wooden rafters, private bathrooms with showers
- Décor is rustic simplicity, with modern style
- Fine cuisine served on an outdoor terrace, poolside or – for breakfast – in the garden on a bullock cart
- Awarded the UN-backed, TOFTigers Eco-Accreditation
For leisure and pleasure
- Excellent swimming pool
- Game drives with fully-trained naturalists
- Elephant safaris
- Nature walks with guides
- Superb bird watching
- Walks or bicycle rides to a fascinating local village
- Explore tropical forest, grasslands, rocky escarpments and 1000 year old fort with reclining Lord Vishnu statue