The Glenburn Tea Estate offers a boutique retreat in the heart of the tea-capital of India, Darjeeling, where you can drink tea till your heart’s content.
For over 150 years some of the finest Darjeeling tea has been grown on a tiny, exclusive little plantation high in the Himalayas, beneath the soaring peaks of the mighty Kanchenjunga Mountains. So if you’re a lover of tea, the Glenburn offers you a unique opportunity to understand the methods of growing and preparing the world’s favourite drink, as well as the intricacies of its taste and its flavourful history. It’s an experience akin to that of a wine connoisseur staying as a guest on a small, highly acclaimed vineyard in France, run by a renowned family of wine-makers.
But tea isn’t the only refreshing aspect of Glenburn. Nature lovers can explore the diverse landscape, flora and fauna. And foodies will be well catered with fine cuisine, prepared from many estate-grown ingredients.
Glenburn Tea Estate, at a glance
- Superb, working tea plantation high in the Himalayas
- Just three hours from Bagdogra airport
- Eight superb suites arranged in two bungalows
- Historic Burra Bungalow features large suites, sleeping up to four, with rooms opening onto a sweeping balcony
- Recently added Water Lily Bungalow has four suites, dining room and two verandas
- Cuisine planned to suit individual guests and includes Indian, South East Asian and European dishes
For leisure and pleasure
- Tea experience including horticultural presentation, plantation drives and guided tours of the tea factory
- Tea tasting appreciation sessions
- Camping and nature hikes to the River Rung Dung
- Visits to the suspension bridge to Manjitar, local village and convent, Laama Haata Orange Orchard
- River rafting and fishing
- Cookery classes
- Massage and beauty treatments