From the ramparts of the ancient battle fort of Ramathra you will have commanding views over huge tracts of rugged countryside and farmlands. As you stroll along the top of the mighty stone walls you’ll have a sense of history, as well as a camera-challenging panoramic of Kalisil Lake and the irrigation channel that is a natural haven for all manner of birds and wildlife.
At sunset you’ll watch herds returning from the jungle and blue bull contentedly grazing on the forest scrub.
And within the Fort’s great stone walls is a glorious palace, and a choice of suites and designer tents so luxuriously appointed that you could well imagine that being transformed into a Rajah was on the itinerary of your luxury, tailor-made vacation to India.
Ramathra Fort, at a glance
- Ancient fort, just 15 km from Kailadevi National Park
- 175 km from Jaipur
- Choice of suites and rooms with sitting areas, fireplaces, custom furnishings and en suites
- Suites have magnificent views, rooms open onto a charming courtyard
- Just six luxury tents with their own stone bathhouses, private porches and sitting rooms - set beneath the rampart walls
- Dining room serving regional specialities, using farm-fresh produce
For leisure and pleasure
- Walking tours of Ramathra village
- Multi-storey palace with stone lattice work and ceiling paintings
- Exquisite shrines and white marble statues
- Fabulous bird watching around Kalisil Lake
- Boat trips with/without knowledgeable guides
- Wildlife excursions across the Daang Plateau
- Jeep safaris to track wolves, jackals, hyena, deer, bear and even leopard
- Bhajan singing and local entertainment