Over 6.500 ft high in the Annapurna Himal range. The Himalaya Lodge offers a unique view of the high mountain plateau’s and the charming local villages.
The lodge is constructed around a 19th century Gurung village house and accommodates 18 guests in an attractive and traditionally designed bedroom wing with a covered veranda.
Ghandruk, with its attractive slate-roofed houses, is a fascinating place to visit. For years the village served as a major recruiting centre for the Gurkha regiments and retired soldiers occupy many of the houses. It is also renowned for its rugs, hand-woven to this day by the womenfolk of the village, and is the headquarters for the Annapurna Conservation Area Project, which promotes many innovative ecological projects involving the local people.
Himalaya Lodge, at a glance
- Small but perfectly comfortable hikers’ lodge set high in the Annapurna Mountains
- Close to the traditional village of Dhampus
- Choice of 10 rooms spread over two levels and the Annapurna range is in full view from each room
- All have well designed en suite bathrooms
- One of the best Mountain views and numerous sights of villages, agricultural terrace fields and wildlife
- Cosy accommodation with down jackets, scarves and hats provided
- Thoughtful details like hot water bottles
- Hearty, family-style cuisine including Nepalese specialities, served in a welcoming dining room
For leisure and pleasure
- Luxuriant gardens for relaxing and admiring the views
- Wide range of trekking and hiking programmes, including expeditions led by professional Gurkah guides
- Sherpa porters to carry essential baggage
- Choice of nature walks to discover the flora and fauna of the uplands
- Hiking through thick forests of bamboo, conifers and rhododendron
- Farming demonstrations on the tiered hillsides
- Trekking in the Phedi and Mardi Valleys
- Cultural visits to Dhampus village