A bit about me
I was fortunate enough to have had some wonderful travel experiences. From a very young age and as far back as I can remember, I wanted to follow in my father’s footsteps into the travel industry. I first visited the Far East on a family vacation at 12 and have been back pretty much every year since.
There was only ever one job for me and one area of interest, which is of course the Far East. For me it has it all – beaches, culture, history, wonderful people and fantastic food, as well as being great value for money! What do I love about my job? The fact that much of what I do is of personal interest to me, which I think helps when planning an amazing vacation for a client. The hotels, routes, flights and areas of interest are constantly evolving, which keeps the job fresh and interesting – but of course what I love most is the chance to travel myself!
My favourite place
One of my favorite destinations has to be Inle Lake in Myanmar. Here you can spend an enjoyable day cruising on the lake with the picturesque blue-tinted Shan hills in the distance, visiting various lakeside temples, stilt villages and watching the fisherman famous for their one legged rowing technique! Afternoons can be spent sitting on the terrace overlooking the lake, with only of the sound of the water lapping and birds singing – a peaceful and tranquil haven.
My favourite hotel
Six Senses Con Dao – remote, wonderful pool villa’s, expansive beach – doesn’t get much better!
My most memorable experience
Cruising the Sekonyer river (Kalimantan, Indonesia) spotting Proboscis Monkeys and searching the forests for Orang Utan. Accommodations is basic, but the off the beaten track experience was amazing!
My top tips
- March in Vietnam, the best time to visit when the weather is good across the country.
- Take a Pool Suite at the Hotel de la Paix Luang Prabang – exceptional value for top quality accommodations. A great way to relax after a day’s sightseeing.
- A visit to Indonesia goes hand in hand with a plate of ‘nasi goreng’, a simple and cheap dish but very, very tasty!!
- Summer in Myanmar, better value and far less tourists.
- Not to be missed – Luang Prabang in Laos, a wonderful town