If your normal habitat is a town with thousands of people, cars and shops, welcome to another world. A green utopia at the heart of a 300 year old Amazonian jungle.
You will be remote from your everyday life. The struggles and strains of the city will be far behind you. Everything that is familiar will have disappeared. But you won’t be alone.
You’ll be surrounded by over 340 vivid and vocal species of tropical birds. Over 45,000 types of plant life will form your new home and you’ll be joined by countless animals, and innumerable species of weird and wonderful insects and reptiles. The people at Chalalan say ‘here the jungle is your host, and we are your guides’. So expect to sail along enchanted rivers, follow winding paths through the Madidi National Park and come face-to-face with fabulous wildlife.
Make this unique ecolodge part of your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Bolivia and step into an entirely different world.
Chalalan Ecolodge, at a glance
- Environmentally-friendly and sustainable ecolodge hidden away in Madidi National Park
- accommodations for only 30 visitors at any one time
- Three cabins with private bathrooms, seven twin/triple rooms with private bathrooms, four twin room with shared bathrooms
- All with netted beds, balconies or verandas with hammocks
- Large dining room serving local, national and international specialities using local produce wherever possible
For leisure and pleasure
- Cruising on the Beni and Tuichi Rivers
- Dugout canoe expeditions on the lagoon
- Themed walks along 30 km of forest paths
- Forest interpretation treks
- Eco-discovery excursions with experienced guides
- Fabulous bird watching
- Wildlife spotting including howler and spider monkeys, tapirs, capybaras, deer and numerous reptiles – perhaps even jaguar
- Night hikes and canoe trips
- Cultural trips to local handicraft centres