The roaring in your ears is terrific. The sight before your eyes is practically incomprehensible. The power of millions of gallons of water crashing over the Falls is simply unimaginable, almost bewildering.
Whether you’re taking advantage of staying at the only hotel in Iguassu National Park on the Brazilian side of the Falls, and visiting the Falls as the descending sun turns them gold – or soaring over them in helicopter, camera working overtime – you will find them a mesmerising spectacle.
Hotel das Cataratas is pretty awesome too. A classic Portuguese/colonial style residence, it sits in orchid-strewn tropical gardens and features two outstanding restaurants; one with an open veranda and the other with a poolside grill serving traditional gaucho barbecues. The perfect, relaxing lift after a day at the Falls.
Belmond Das Cataratas, at a glance
- The only hotel in Iguassu National Park on the Brazilian side of the Falls
- A short stroll from the astonishing Falls
- Choice of 193 luxurious and spacious guest rooms, including Standard and Superior rooms, Deluxe rooms and suites arranged in the main house, Garden and Forest Wings
- Superb forest and garden views
- Two splendid restaurants serving the best of Brazilian cuisine
For leisure and pleasure
- Fine swimming pool and sun deck
- Spa with a wide range of treatments and therapies
- Helicopter flights over the Falls
- Guided moonlight tours of the forest and Falls
- White water rafting
- Bird watching and nature discovery experiences
- Rock and tree climbing
- Macuco speedboat safaris