Historic, colonial-style churches, a picturesque harbour with fishing boats and white yachts, quaint houses and tiny streets. There’s much to recommend Paraty – including the Pousada Literaria.
Walking around the streets of Paraty gives you the impression of a place untouched by time. Indeed, the town was once an important port trading in gold and coffee, but it settled into genteel decline when the trade waned as other ‘routes to market’ became more profitable for exporters. The result is entirely satisfactory if you’re a visitor who wants to experience the atmosphere, architecture and history of a Brazilian town from a previous era.
Specify the Pousada Literaria as part of your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Brazil, however, and you’ll discover that not everything in Paraty belongs to a bygone period. Inside, the hotel is distinctly modern and definitely stylish. Suites have vaulted ceilings, hardwood floors and chic bathrooms – a pleasing contrast to the heritage of Paraty itself.
Pousada Literaria, at a glance
- Boutique hotel set in the heart of the colonial city of Paraty
- Choice of suites, the majority with grand views over the city
- King-sized beds and glamorous en suite bathrooms
- Interior design theme using white accented with colourful accessories
- Vaulted wooden ceilings and hardwood floors
- Master suites have indoor hot tubs and can accommodate up to five guests
- Suite Paraty sleeps up to four, with living room and bedrooms arranged over two floors
- Stylish Quintal restaurant specialises in regional dishes prepared using fresh local produce
For leisure and pleasure
- Spa with private treatment suites and therapies using your personal choice of oils, herbs and exfoliants
- Cruising aboard the hotel’s private, wooden-hulled schooner, the Mary Panela
- Sea voyages and land tours including mountain trekking
- Kayaking and paddle boarding
- Fabulous bird watching at the hotel’s mountain top farm, with over 460 different species having been recorded within the region
- Close to the Library das Mares presenting the best of world literature and an irresistible patisserie