Whether you’re looking at the Majapahit – bathed in pink illuminating light – or gazing at its white colonnades and formal lawns, you’ll be struck by its inherent romance.
This classic hotel, with its twin towers, wide arches and intricately carved stonework has been a Surabayan landmark since 1910. Immaculate gardens flow around its white, colonnaded walls. Flags fly from its ornate spires. Brides pose in all their finery in its marbled cloisters. And, at sunset, it is transformed into an outrageous, pink-iced wedding cake by the fading sun and illuminating uplights.
Inside, you’ll be treated to any number of classic luxuries. A choice of two fine dining restaurants, a stately bar and executive lounge, for example. Suites furnished in majestic style, and a state-of-the-spa wellness centre.
Reasons enough to make the Majapahit part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Indonesia.
Hotel Majapahit, at a glance
- True destination hotel in the heart of Surabaya’s premier district
- Sumptuous suites furnished in classic regal style
- Canopied beds and period-looking furniture
- Huge windows or balconies giving impressive views over Surabaya’s most exclusive quarter
- Art Deco seafood and contemporary Chinese restaurants
- Maj bar, lobby and executive lounges
For leisure and pleasure
- Excellent swimming pool with dining area
- Tennis courts
- State-of-the-art Majapahit Spa offering traditional Javanese and Chinese influenced treatments for complete wellness
- Gym with aerobics centre and yoga classes
- Excellent access to the bustling markets and shops, sight-seeing opportunities, temples, historic sites, galleries, museums, restaurants and cafes of Indonesia’s second largest city