If you truly want to explore and understand one of the most breathtaking archeological sites in the whole of Southeast Asia then you simply have to make the Tharabar Gate Hotel part of your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Myanmar.
Outside you’ll have easy access to the 4000 intricately decorated and eerily atmospheric temples that make up Old Bagan; the ancient capital of the Burmese Empire. From almost any point within the hotel you’ll have extraordinarily photogenic views of the sun falling, or rising above the cityscape of spiralling towers and ornate pagodas.
And the Hotel at Tharabar Gate continues the theme with its serene and typically Burmese design. Simple, but beautiful, teak floors complement traditional Burmese furnishings. Airy patios give way to tropical gardens…
Hotel at Tharabar Gate, at a glance
- A fabulous setting giving easy access to the architectural wonders of Old Bagan
- Choice of 79 luxurious guest rooms and four exquisite suites
- All with polished teak floors and traditional Burmese furnishings
- Designer bathrooms, air conditioning and full WiFi access
- Private gardens and superb views of Old Bagan
- Tropical Garden and al fresco/indoor restaurants
For leisure and pleasure
- Excellent spa featuring relaxing, restorative and reviving treatments from both Myanmar and Thailand, including many ancient rituals
- 24 hour butler service
- Guided tours of the temples and pagodas of Old Bagan
- Hot air balloon rides over the ancient capital for a unique aerial photographic experience