Is Sugar Beach the ultimate realisation of a dream sun-and-sand holiday on St Lucia? Its sugar-white beach, plantation-style house and unsurpassed natural beauty would say ‘yes’.
You will want to take photographs from every angle. From the infinity edge pool towards the ultramarine blue of the Caribbean. Standing on the beach facing towards the picturesque 18th century planter’s house; proudly white against a background of dark green forest. Or from your kayak across the bay towards the Pitons. Or looking down the top of Gros Piton (you’ll need a camera with a wide angle lens to really capture the panorama) or underneath the sea at Coral Garden Reef.
Make for Sugar Beach on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to the West Indies and you’ll be able to tick the box that says ‘ultimate beach holiday’. You’ll also be able to discover some of the history and culture of St Lucia, away from the beach.
Sugar Beach, at a glance
- Exquisite hotel on the setting of a historic planter’s mansion and sugar mill
- Nestling within 100 acres of luxuriant tropical rainforest
- Choice of sugar mill rooms, luxury villas and beachfront bungalows arranged in charming clusters
- All with stunning views of the towering Pitons or the sparkling Caribbean Sea
- Sugar mill rooms have four poster beds and large, coral stone detailed en suite bathrooms
- Many cottages and villas have their own pools
- Beachfront bungalows give immediate access to the sugar-white sand
- Sumptuous dining beside the water, plus chic bars and lounges
For leisure and pleasure
- Glorious infinity edge swimming pool overlooking the sugar-soft sandy beach and blue sea
- Unrivalled Rainforest Spa offering indulgent relaxation, restorative rituals and therapies
- Yoga and pilates sessions
- Full PADI dive centre plus snorkelling, windsurfing, sailing, Hobie Cats, kayaking, paddle boards
- Trips to Coral Garden Reef
- Hiking in Gros Piton with stunning photogenic views
- Tour of the 18th century Morne Coubaril Plantation and an Amerindian village
- See how coconut, cocoa and sugar cane were produced
- Tennis, jogging and volleyball