The Gili Lankanfushi
Just 20 minutes by boat from Malé, the tiny coral island of Lankanfushi is the setting for Gili Lankanfushi (formerly Soneva Gili), one of the Maldives' most exclusive resorts. A network of wooden walkways thread out from the island across the sparkling waters of the lagoon to 44 stilted, over-water Villa Suites and Residences all of which define the Soneva philosophy of 'intelligent splendour'.
Crafted in traditional style from natural materials, each of these very spacious villas boasts an open air bathroom with bathtub and separate shower, quadraphonic hi-fi with television and VCD and two private sundecks, one rooftop and one cantilevered just above the water, with sumptuous daybeds. For the ultimate in privacy and only accessible by boat, there are also seven Crusoe Residences and the 1400m² Private Reserve - the epitome of luxury in the Indian Ocean.
Gili Lankanfushi, at a glance
- 20 minutes by boat from Malé
- 44 over-water villas
- All water villas boast an open air bathroom, bathtub with separate shower, quadrophonic hi-fi with television and VCD and two private sundecks with daybeds
- Seven private Crusoe Residences are only accessible by boat
- Gourmet restaurants on site - desert island picnics and sandbank dinners may also be arranged
For leisure and pleasure
- Try the world-class Spa - set directly over a turquoise blue lagoon, where glass floor-panels and Maldivian sand massages add an intriguing extra dimension to the usual range of holistic treatments
- Swimming pool
- Water sports such as windsurfing, snorkeling and canoeing are available
- Hobie cat sailing, waterskiing, and deep sea fishing
- The resort has a diving school where you can become PADI certified in less than a week
- Other sports facilities include tennis, table tennis, volleyball, badminton and boules